BankingFind out more
Given the pace and volume of regulatory change anticipated over the next couple of years, banks will face a particularly challenging time. While the implementation of the Basel III requirements and MiFID II will bring significant changes to the rules, there is also a shift in emphasis as the supervisory approach becomes more risk and principles based.
Why Grant Thornton?
On top of regulatory changes, the application of international accounting standards to banking groups is complex and has been the cause of much debate in the industry, while the guidance in relation to Know Your Customers continues to evolve.
Our Financial Services Business Consulting team has extensive experience providing pragmatic and innovative solutions to both leading banks and start-ups, and also has particular expertise in supporting overseas banking groups with operations in Ireland. Find out more about our advisory services to Financial Services and our areas of expertise:
- growth and market strategies;
- contact centre strategies and digital banking strategies;
- business process and operations excellence;
- transaction reporting;
- financial regulatory reform;
- regulatory implementations (with a specialist focus on MiFID II);
- regulatory applications (including banking licences applications);
- enterprise systems data advisory and integrations solutions;
- vendor appraisals; and
- capital modelling.
To learn more about our Banking services please contact Paul McCann, Head of Banking.