Dwayne joined Grant Thornton in 2016 as a Partner to head the firm’s FS risk and regulatory advisory services offering in our FS Advisory unit. He helps lead the firm’s risk and regulatory offering focusing on Quantitative Risk Advisory, Model Risk, Development and Validation, Regulatory Risk and Strategy, Regulatory Support services, Risk Advisory and Complex Valuations.
Dwayne has advised a range of large institutions and led significant engagements in the areas of:
- ECB NPL Strategy and NPL Resolution;
- Internal model (IRB), Stress Testing and IFRS9 model development, validation and review;
- Supporting regulatory strategy, SREP/ Pillar 2 responses, Recovery Planning and Risk Appetite Framework development;
- 3LOD operating design and implementation;
- BCBS 239, regulatory data and reporting; and
- Authorisations and licence advice across all financial services sectors.
Previously, Dwayne held a senior role in the Central Bank of Ireland as Head of Banking Supervision: Analysis Division. In this role, he was responsible for managing and leading a large team across six functional areas ranging from Stress Testing, Risk Models, Supervisory Policy, Recovery Planning and Licence Authorisation. He held a central position in the post-2008-2013 crisis management of the Central Bank and I was a key architect of the many of the reforms in Banking Supervision.
Dwayne represented the Central Bank in a number of ECB (SSM) committees including the Comprehensive Assessment (“CA”) SteerCo and the Targeted Review of Internal Models (“TRIM”) ExCo, as well as numerous European Banking Authority (“EBA”) policy committees and working groups.
Dwayne is a recognised thought leader in the financial services industry with a track record of leadership, design and delivery of some of the highest profile projects, including:
- AIB’s NPL Deleveraging Programme;
- AIB’s Internal Ratings Based multi-year re-development programme;
- The Central Bank’s CA (Asset Quality Review (“AQR”) and Stress Test) for the ECB/ SSM;
- The Balance Sheet Assessment (“BSA”), incorporating AQR, provisions and RWA review, and Loan Loss Forecasting (“LLF”) projects;
- Acting as regulatory lead on the design and execution of the liquidation of IBRC and the Promissory Note (“Pro Note”) restructuring;
- Instrumental in the Distressed Credit Operations Review (“DCOR”) and the introduction of Mortgage Arrears Resolution Targets (“MART”) and SME Arrears targets;
- Acting as project lead to the PCAR bank stress test, as part of the Financial Measures Programme (“FMP”) and restructuring of the banking system; and
- Acting as technical lead on financial sector reform negotiations with the Troika (IMF, ECB and EU Commission).
Finally, Dwayne has presented at numerous conferences and events including a joint World Bank and IMF seminar on NPLs in Beijing, Washington and Frankfurt. His expertise cover: Risk, Consulting, Regulatory Advisory, Financial Services Advisory, Banks, Asset Management, Funds, Insurance, Quantitative Risk Advisory, Risk & Regulatory Advisory, Strategy and Support services, IRB, Stress Testing, IFRS9, TRIM, BCBS 239, regulatory reporting, and data analytics.
- MSc in Investment & Treasury DCU Business School
- Degree in Business Studies from DCU Business School