There are a number of share incentive arrangements that companies can offer to their employees or directors. These include:
- restricted share schemes (clog schemes);
- share option schemes;
- Key Employee Engagement Programme (KEEP);
- flowering share schemes;
- forfeitable share schemes;
- convertible share schemes;
- Save As You Earn (SAYE) schemes; and
- Approved Profit Sharing Schemes (APSS).
These schemes may vary in terms of complexity and costs. The following is a brief outline of the main benefits for each of the above schemes.