Stuart is a qualified Chartered Accountant with over 10 years corporate finance and private equity experience.
Stuart re-joined Grant Thornton’s corporate finance practice in 2022, having previously worked in private equity for c. 5 years, where he led investment transactions, managing the core process from deal flow to investment completion.
Stuart also has board experience and was part of the management team of a food manufacturing business, whilst working as the finance director for c. 2.5 years. During this time, he oversaw all aspects of the company’s finance function and was heavily involved in collaborating with the management team and wider organisation structure to implement change and drive efficiencies.
Stuart trained in audit, working both domestically and internationally, where in Australia, he led and managed audits of publicly listed entities and private companies with over $1bn in turnover.
- Led, managed and advised the owner of Vita Actives Limited, a food ingredients supplier, on its majority equity sale to Dairygold.
- Led and advised the Gowan Group on the sale of its Navan Road motor retail business to the Bright Motor Group.
- Led and managed the financial due diligence and provided support with respect to the share purchase agreement in connection with Egis International’s acquisition of J.B. Barry and Partners Limited, a civil engineering business.
- Led and managed the financial due diligence and provided support with respect to the share purchase agreement in connection with a confidential client’s acquisition of a business within the motor and travel industry.
- Led and managed the financial due diligence process with respect to Renatus’ investment in W.H. Scott & Son (Engineers) Limited.
- Managed the refinancing of a €100m debt on behalf of a property owner and developer.
- Provided corporate finance advisory services in connection with the development of a financial model and business strategy to support a capital raise.
- On behalf of Development Capital, managed the core process of the joint venture acquisition of Nomadic Dairy Limited (a food manufacturing business) by private equity firms, Development Capital and BiaVest Holdings Limited.
- Acted as dispute resolution expert in connection with a disagreement over the determination of an earn – out payment between a buyer and a seller of a SaaS company.
- Development of business plans and financial models for a large number of companies, including companies within the motor retail division, nursing home groups, food and agri entities and SaaS companies.
- Preparation of a large number of valuation reports.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (FCA)
- Chartered Tax Consultant (CTC)
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics and Statistics) degree with University College Dublin