Paul joined Grant Thornton’s corporate finance practice in 2004. He has significant experience in advising clients on acquisitions and disposals, valuations, fund raisings and restructuring, strategic options, business planning, financial modelling and financial due diligence.
Paul’s valuation expertise includes:
- Fairness valuation opinion in respect of 200MW solar farm for German institutional investor. Provided a fair value opinion related to a number of solar assets for Alternus energy in respect of a €130m bond issue.
- Valuation of IP ($2bn) in respect of certain Intellectual Property for a multinational manufacturer and distributor of medical devices.
- Paul provided valuation advice in respect of the flotation of BioPharma Credit Plc on the London Stock Exchange (Gross Asset Value $750m).
- Valuation of ESOP for clinical stage company post investment round.
- Advices for auditor in respect of $420m ESOP valuation for US medical device business.
- Valuation of ESOP post $75m investment in Irish technology business.
- Preparation of numerous ESOP valuations for tax purposes.
- Valuation advice for Bain Capital on acquisition of Valeo Foods.
- Valuation advice in respect of $70m preferred investment in Irish SaaS business.
- Enterprise valuation for AIM listed entity with operations across UK and Ireland and mainland Europe. The Group comprised 70 entities with EBITDA of €30m and €320m of syndicated debt.
- Paul provided a fairness opinion for a €1bn project finance portfolio for a financial institution.
- APPA valuation services in respect of the following acquisitions: Balconi, Jacob Fruitfield, Rowse Honey Raisio and Tangerine. ALD’s acquisition of Merrion Fleet and Proximo’s acquisition of Pendleton Whisky.
- PPA advice in respect of Skillsoft (value €2.5bn).
- Valuation opinion for Liberty Insurance Ireland DAC for a cross-border merger.
- Valuation of globally renowned travel guide book-publishing company, Lonely Planet (Enterprise Value $50m).
- Valuation of an international asset management firm.
- Fairness valuation opinion in respect of the fair value of a €200m profit participating loan note for Ballymore International.
- Valuation of the Irish company involved in the design, manufacture and installation of architectural precast cladding, for the UK and Irish construction market.
- Valuation for Grupo Gallardo Balboa, a Spanish based leading steel producer in the European Market (Enterprise Value > €110m).
- Provided valuation services for a printing and packaging business.
- Paul also advised the vendors of U-Store-It on the sale of shares to HSBC Private Equity for €30m and the vendors on the €36m sale of Moyglare Limited to Doyle Shipping.
- Paul’s other assignments include corporate finance advice for the Joint Administrators of Quinn Insurance, Independent Business Reviews (IBRs) for NAMA (including a Top 10 borrower) and bank syndicates in respect of listed entities, acting as a lead advisor on the disposal of a private hospital.
- Fellow of the Chartered Accountants in Ireland (FCA)
- Member of the Audit, Finance and Risk Committee of the Irish Wheelchair Association
- Bachelor of Commerce (European) with Irish degree (BComm)
- Masters of Business Studies in Electronic Business and Commerce (MBS), both from University College Cork (UCC)