Liam joined Grant Thornton in 2017 and brings considerable Aircraft Leasing industry expertise and experience to the Aviation Advisory team.
Since joining the Aviation Advisory team, Liam has been exclusively working on advisory engagements in the aviation sector. Clients include international airlines, global aircraft leasing companies and asset managers.
Liam acted in a senior capacity and led a variety of engagements including:
- Designing and building a pricing model for a lessor trading in mid-life aircraft. The project required a deep understanding of various aircraft types (Narrowbody, Widebody & ATR) and their constituent components. This allowed for detailed maintenance forecasting and lease end scenarios to cater for deal assessments, strategic investment and operational decision-making. This involved working closely with senior management of Pricing/Commercial/Asset Management/Technical to streamline and consolidate aircraft and portfolio appraisal and remarketing strategies.
- Project lead for a Maintenance Reserve and Contract Management CMS Data Quality review of a Top 10 Aircraft Lessor’s fleet. Liam developed both the methodology for recalculating the balances for each Maintenance Reserve applicable component balance and the methodology for the CMS Data Review.
- Responsible for developing an excel model for reporting consolidated results for a portfolio of 160 entities for a top 10 Lessor.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Master’s Degree in Accounting from UCD
- B. Comm. Degree (Hons) in Accounting from UCD
- Diploma in Corporate Finance from the Institute of Chartered Accountants Ireland