Jer joined Grant Thornton in 2018 and brings considerable Aircraft Leasing industry expertise and experience to the Aviation Advisory team.
He has been exclusively working on advisory engagements in the aviation sector. His clients include several of the Top 10 lessors, national and international carriers as well as a number of mid-sized lessors and asset management companies.
Jer has managed and led a variety of engagements including:
- Project lead for a number of Maintenance Reserve and Contract Management Data Quality review engagements for a number of clients including the entire fleet for a Top 10 Aircraft Lessor. This resulted in developing a comprehensive understanding for the opaque areas of maintenance reserves through exposure to a wide number of varied lease contracts.· Seconded to a Top 10 lessor as a Contract Asset Manager providing experience on Contract Management System (CMS).
- Managed the SOx internal audit review for a Top 10 lessor with responsibilities including developing business process notes and risk control matrix, testing the design and implementation and operating effectiveness of key controls along with providing a detailed gap analysis and control recommendations.
- Jer has been involved in overseeing best practice modelling practices on pricing platforms.
- Project lead during a major data migration project that involved the migration over 1000 leases from an accounts receivable and revenue perspective for a Top 3 Aircraft Lessor.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Master’s Degree in Accounting from UCD
- B. Business Degree (Hons) from the University of Limerick
- Level 9 Specialist Diploma in Aviation Leasing and Finance from the University of Limerick
- Certificate in Sustainability Strategy, Risk and Reporting with Chartered Accountants Ireland