Brian is a Director in our Business Risk Services practice with 25 years of experience, specialising in Anti Money Laundering (AML), Financial Crime, and Regulatory frameworks, as well as Governance, Risk & Compliance.
He is CAMS certified and has extensive experience in areas such as AML, Regulations and regulatory relationships, Governance/Risk/Compliance, MiFID, Client Assets, Operational Risk, Audits, C-Suite, and Board reporting.
Previous experience highlights
- Director of AML remediation project for a global financial institution, Traditional and Alternative Investments. He managed multiple teams, including other consultant firms, for AML KYC remediation in two departments with multiple systems for a large amount of customers. Brian added extra value with proposed updates to policies, procedures, controls, training, and streamlining processes.
- He was also a former Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Head of Client Assets at MIFID EU regulated (Central Bank Ireland) investment firm where he held Regulator PCF roles 15/45.
- Additionally, Brian was the former Head of Compliance and MLRO at a Sports Betting company with 24/7 account opening, global customers, and multiple jurisdictions. He is experienced in rapidly-changing regulatory environment (UK Gambling Commission and Alderney Gambling Control Commission) and led successful completion of significant KYC remediation preventing large fines/licence forfeiture. He also led a team of 10 with €1m+ budget, completed KYC gap analysis, implemented improvements and achieved external audit validation. He successfully completed regulatory audits and implemented an algorithm project to predict problem gamblers. Brian held regulatory approval for Head of Compliance.
- Former Head of Risk & Compliance at RegTech ID Verification SaaS company (www.valid8me.com). He supplied subject matter expertise and research on EU/International AML frameworks and successfully achieved ISO27001 with external auditor validation, having implemented relevant policies, procedures, controls and ongoing monitoring. Brian also implemented a Risk Framework (Risk Policy, Risk Committee, Risk Register, Internal Audit, Regulatory Research).
- Trained in one of the Big 4 firms in Audit with exposure to small, medium and enterprise clients.
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Professional Certificate in Conduct Risk, Culture and Operational Risk Management (UCD / Institute of Bankers)
- Certified in Operational Risk Management (PRMIA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Chartered Accounting Examinations
- ICA Certificate in Money Laundering Risk in AML for Betting and Gaming
- Member of ACAMS, Professional Risk Managers International Association and Project Management Institute