Our team is the global hub for Quantitative Risk in the Grant Thornton International network and is the largest team of its type in Ireland, employing over 40 quantitative risk experts with academic backgrounds in economics, mathematics and physics.
Our network provides direct access to a continually expanding pool of 100+ quantitative experts across direct Joint Ventures in Spain, Cyprus, and Central Europe (as well as access to the wider network in key financial centres such as London, Frankfurt, and New York).
We work with Europe's largest financial institutions and regulatory bodies providing innovative and bespoke model development, model validation, complex analytics, and valuations services. We are market leaders in delivering regulatory approved IRB (Internal Ratings Based), IFRS9 and stress testing models. We have a dedicated Climate & Environmental (C&E) modelling team that delivers C&E risk measurement capabilities to our clients via data enrichment, financial impact modelling and climate scenario analysis.
Our expertise also extends to other financial (market, interest rate, liquidity) and non-financial (operational) risks.
Our specialist team has extensive experience in the development of industry leading financial and regulatory models.
- Our team provide expert insight into regulatory requirements, industry best practice and innovative model development methodologies.
- We have toolkits to accelerate all stages of the model development – from data preparation to model build, testing and documentation – allowing clients to focus less on execution and more on delivering insights.
- Our team has end-to-end development and delivery experience in models such as IRB, IFRS9, Stress Testing, Economic Capital and Loan Loss Forecasting.
Model Risk Management
Our team has extensive experience of designing, delivering and implementing risk model assurance frameworks for multiple global banking clients. Our offering covers:
- Independent Model Validation
- Model Assurance Reviews
- Model Risk Management Frameworks and Libraries
- Model Risk Measurement Approaches
Data Science & Strategic Analysis
Our knowledge of industry best practices in the use of analytics allows us to design bespoke solutions that use quantitative methods to support our client’s strategic objectives.
- We are experts in translating large, complex data into tangible, value-adding insights for clients.
- We perform tailor-made gap assessments and deliver multi-year capability enhancement roadmaps for your forecasting frameworks and processes.
- Our team can enhance and automate your financial planning, recovery and resolution planning (RRP) capabilities, to support strategic planning and portfolio optimisation.
Our team combines expert market knowledge with quantitative modelling methods to provide our clients with transparent and robust complex security valuations. We specialise in a wide range of instruments, including but not limited to the below;
- Fixed Income products;
- Equity securities, including preference shares and warrants;
- Hybrid structures, including convertible debt, CLOs, CLNs, asset backed products.
Audit & Assurance
Our team are global leaders in the Grant Thornton network for providing SME support in key audit and regulatory engagements.
- We provide assessments of IFRS9 models and provisions for External Audit engagements.
- Our team provide SME support to Internal Audit functions in key areas of risk management.
Climate and Environmental Risk (C&E)
We support our clients to integrate Climate & Environmental (C&E) risk measurement capabilities into their existing risk management frameworks.
- We can deliver C&E data remediation and enrichment to support wider C&E strategic programmes such as disclosures, green products and C&E risk management.
- Our team are market leaders in developing C&E stress testing and scenario analysis models and capabilities.
- We can help integrate C&E into strategic decision making and portfolio management.
Why Grant Thornton?
Our team has the full spectrum of experience having held senior roles in the regulatory authorities, large banking groups, audit services and advisory firms.
We combine our industry knowledge base and quantitative capabilities to provide best-in-class services and insights to our clients.