Shane is senior executive with over 17 years of consulting experience in risk and compliance spanning Financial Services (banking, insurance and aviation finance), Communications & High Tech, Transport, and Public sector
A strategic thinker successfully driving, shaping, influencing and managing major transformational and regulatory programmes impacting people, process and technology.
Shane leads our data protection practice having successfully designed and delivered many complex GDPR and regulatory programmes capitalising on his deep business, finance, risk, regulatory and IT programme management experience. His experience includes:
- regulatory transformation;
- GDPR –
- clients: Financial Services, Professional services and a Major Regulatory authority;
- project roles: Business Architect and Programme Manager on several GDPR programmes. Led mixed teams across many complex workstreams producing over 150 bespoke deliverables including operating models, governance structures, policies, procedures, data retention, third party contract amendments, Data Privacy Impact Assessments and training & awareness programmes under centralised and decentralised approaches;
- largest programmes to date have included very successful proactive engagements with the Data Protection Commission on behalf of clients;
- creation and management of Data Protection as a Service / DPO as a Service, providing a long term strategic relationship with clients servicing all their data protection needs; and
- Solvency II Programme Manager and Business Architect for many leading insurance companies.
Shane also has a wealth of experience in Enterprise and Finance Transformation and Strategic Advisory.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and ACCA qualified
- PMP certified by the Project Management Institute
- Bachelor degree in Business Studies from Dublin Institute of Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology from Dublin City University
- Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAAP)