Patrick joined Grant Thornton in 2005 and is Head of Deal Advisory in Ireland. He is also the Global Leader for Transaction Advisory Services in Grant Thornton International.
His main area of expertise is in Merger & Acquisitions and Transaction Advisory Services. He has extensive experience in advising companies on sell-side and buy-side transactions and strategic funding options. A significant amount of Patrick’s recent transaction experience has been multi-jurisdictional in nature and he has worked cohesively with a number of the GTI member firms.
Patrick’s recent experience includes:
- Over 120 due diligence assignments for a range of Irish and International clients including Kingspan Group plc, DCC plc, Sports Direct, Renault Bank, Bain Capital, Keelings, Elis, Digicel, Lindab etc.;
- Lead advisor on the investment by Melior PE in Rose Confectionery;
- Sell side advisor on the sale of Prodieco to Agilitas Private Equity;
- Lead advisor to Ballytherm, a large insulation business, on their sale to Xtratherm;
- Lead buy side advisor on the acquisition of Brooks Thomas Group by Murdock Builders Merchants;
- Lead buy side advisor on the acquisition of Asystec by Ergo;
- Ongoing Corporate Finance to VenturWave on its investments;
- Lead Advisor on the Leggett and Platt’s acquisition of Kayfoam;
- Advising all Irish Banks and a number of Irish companies on restructuring options;
- Corporate Finance advice to LAYA Healthcare, Ireland’s second largest health insurer;
- Ongoing strategic advice to the board of Keelings;
- Corporate finance advice to Valeo Group; and
- Corporate finance advice to Monaghan Mushrooms, Europe’s largest integrated mushroom producer.
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) from University College Dublin (UCD)
- Masters in Accounting from University College Dublin (UCD)