Orla is a Director in Grant Thornton’s Financial Services Advisory Practice having joined GT in 2018. Previous to joining Grant Thornton Orla gained 15+ years experience in financial services and held a senior management position with JPMorgan Bank Ireland as head of financial reporting and audit for JP Morgan's hedge fund administration business in Ireland.
Previous to JPMorgan Orla worked for BNY Mellon and IFS State Street in operations and fund accounting roles in both alternative and mutual funds. Before joining Grant Thornton Orla also trained as an executive coach, trainer and facilitator and now works across projects within financial services advisory in financial reporting and fund administration/fund service operations and recently completed a secondment in the Central Bank Supervisory Risk Division around fund supervision models and frameworks. Orla is also a qualified Certified Fund Director (CIFD).
- Financial Reporting, Fund Accounting & Fund Service Operations (Hedge, Mutual, UCITS, Non-UCITS, AIF, Irish, Cayman, US, Lux domiciles, all fund structures);
- Project and Change Management around process, client and technology change;
- Regulatory, risk reporting and compliance
- Stakeholder management (internal, client, auditor, director, working groups and committees);
- People management & development and end to end people Strategy
- B.A. in Business and Economics (TCD)
- Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA)
- Diploma in Coaching Practice and Ethics (QQI) & Diploma in Train the Trainer (QQI)
- Certified in delivery of individual and team assessments (Emotional Intelligence, Risk and Decision Making and workplace behaviours), BPS A& B
- Certified Investment Fund Director Programme (IOB and CIFD Institute (2020)
- Chair ACCA Business Leader Panel (2022 to date)
- Member of 100WF