Michael joined the firm in 1999 and is the current Managing Partner for Grant Thornton Ireland after previously leading the firms Advisory Services offering. He has specialised in all forms of insolvency and corporate recovery across numerous industries including: construction, retail, telecoms, banking and aviation amongst others.
Over the last two decades Michael has assisted hundreds of companies, through finding innovative solutions to their financial problems. He has also acted for various financial institutions in both informal restructurings and as receiver in formal appointments. Michael has also been appointed to a number of high profile companies including:
- examiner to SIAC Construction;
- examiner to Weatherford International PLC, a multinational oil and gas services group;
- joint liquidator to Treasury Holdings;
- examiner to Eircom, Ireland’s largest telecoms provider;
- liquidator to Openhydro, a multinational, Irish tidal energy company;
- examiner to Aer Arann, Ireland’s regional airline; and
- examiner to Irish car rental trading as Europcar.
While these appointments have been across many industry types, he has developed in-depth technical and practical experience in the retail, leisure, construction and IT sectors.
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Member of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies – Ireland
- Michael is authorised by the Insolvency Service of Ireland to carry on practice as a personal insolvency practitioner.