Dwayne joined Grant Thornton in April 2016 to head the firm’s Regulatory Advisory Services offering which focusses on Quantitative Risk Advisory, Regulatory Risk and Strategy and Regulatory Support services.
Previously, Dwayne held a senior role in the Central Bank of Ireland as Head of Banking Supervision: Analysis Division. In this role, he was responsible for managing and leading a team of 45 people across six functional areas ranging from Stress Testing, Risk Models, Supervisory Policy, Recovery Planning and Bank Authorisation. He held a central position in the post-crisis management of the Central Bank and was a key architect of many of the reforms in Banking Supervision.
Dwayne is a recognised thought leader in the financial services industry with a track record of leadership, design and delivery of some of the highest profile Central Bank projects, including:
- 2014: led the Central Bank’s Comprehensive Assessment (Asset Quality Review (“AQR”) and Stress Test) for the ECB/ SSM;
- 2013: led the Balance Sheet Assessment (“BSA”), incorporating AQR, provisions and RWA review;
- end-2013: led the “8-point plan”, which included the BSA and a Loan Loss Forecasting (“LLF”) project;
- 2012-2013: regulatory lead on the design and execution of the liquidation of IBRC and the Promissory Note (“Pro Note”) restructuring;
- 2012: instrumental in the Distressed Credit Operations Review (“DCOR”) and the introduction of Mortgage Arrears Resolution Targets (“MART”) and SME Arrears targets;
- 2011: project lead the PCAR bank stress test, as part of the Financial Measures Programme and restructuring of the banking system.
- technical lead on financial sector reform negotiations and delivery of large tracts of the Troika programme commitments.
- MSc in Investment & Treasury DCU Business School
- Degree in Business Studies from DCU Business School