Thomas joined Grant Thornton in 2012, having trained and qualified with a mid-tier firm in the areas of audit, accounts preparation and taxation.
Thomas’s experience has included various corporate finance assignments, including buy side and sell side due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, fundraisings and debt advisory assignments.
Thomas has advised clients across a range of sectors including engineering, manufacturing, construction, hospitality, technology and retail.
Thomas spent a year working for Ulster Bank global restructuring group where he was involved in several multi-million euro debt restructuring agreements.
Thomas’s recent experience includes;
- Ongoing transaction support to Kingspan PLC on global acquisition targets;
- Buy Side due diligence advisor to Moyne Roberts, Zeus Packaging, Ergo, Lindab, Linnaeus, VentureWave Capital, Groupe RG and Cerberus on acquisitions;
- Buy Side due diligence and advice to Quantexa on acquisition of Aylien;
- Buy Side due diligence and advice to Murdock Builders Merchants on acquisition of Brooks Builders Merchants;
- Buy Side due diligence and advice to Leggett and Platt on the acquisition of Kayfoam Woolfson;
- Lead sell-side advisor to Rooney’s Homevalue Limited shareholders on sale to Grafton Group;
- Lead sell-side advisor to Ballytherm shareholders on sale to Unilin;
- Lead sell-side advisor to Drogheda Plant Hire shareholders on sale to OFH; and
- Advised Star2Star on the merger with Blue Face.
- Associate of Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (BEEE)
- Higher Diploma in Accounting and Corporate Finance from University College Cork (UCC)
- Diploma in Insolvency from CAI