Marie joined the firm in 2021 and is a Director in the Firm's Financial Services Advisory unit. Prior to joining Grant Thornton Marie spent 6 years with The Central Bank in the Insurance Directorate.
Marie is a Chartered Accountant with industry experience both of life and non-life insurance. She has 12 years PQE in a range of roles with in-depth knowledge of insurance regulations, including extensive experience of Solvency II.
- During her time in the Central Bank, Marie led a number of prudential supervision teams responsible for the supervision of insurance firms,
- Marie has extensive experience managing complex regulatory issues, including initiation of Independent Governance and Board Effectiveness Reviews, as well as Portfolio Transfers, ATNFs, Fitness and Probity Applications, Licence Extension and Change of Business Plan applications,
- As a senior member of the Insurance Directorate Marie engaged regularly with Actuarial, Consumer Protection, Risk, Asset Management and the AML Division to ensure cross divisional sharing of expertise and information.
Prior to joining the Central Bank Marie was Group Solvency II Reporting and Technical Lead in MetLife Europe Limited responsible for the development of accounting and reporting practices for external reporting and preparation of high-quality Pillar 3 reports in accordance with Solvency II guidelines.
- B.Comm International
- Diploma in Strategic Finance and Analytics
- Diploma in Forensic Accounting
- International Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management