Imelda has over 20 years Industry experience, working in client facing roles and managing complex projects. Prior to joining the Grant Thornton People and Change Team in May 2022, Imelda worked as Managing Director with Irish Times Training where she was responsible for leading Irish Times Training’s approach to learning and development.
She led and oversaw the preparation of all large tenders and proposals and acted as engagement director with key clients with overall responsibility for the success and rollout of the proposed training intervention.
Imelda is solution focused in her approach as seen in the successful transition to online learning, ensuring the continuous delivery of training to all clients during the pandemic.
Prior to joining Irish Times Training, Imelda spent over 15 years working mainly across the Tourism Sector in senior roles in JWT and Fáilte As part of all these roles, Imelda was responsible for developing the strategic approach for a number of initiatives, as well as managing key accounts and industry bodies and leading out on complex projects and programmes
As part of her role with Irish Times Training, Imelda acted as Engagement Director for key clients including;
- One Learning (the Civil Service), Harvey Norman, Lidl, LOETB, The HSE, DDLETB and The HEA
Imelda Led the development and implementation of Fáilte Ireland’s strategic approach for the;
- Arts and Culture Sector
- Spa and Wellness Sector
Imelda was a senior member of the core team who designed and rolled out The Gathering Ireland 2013. As Head of Engagement, she was involved in designing and rolling out the overall business plan, including stakeholder engagement strategy. She led a large team responsible for engaging local communities and a network of stakeholders to support and drive the project.
- MSc in Executive Leadership from Ulster University
- International Leadership Programme from the Boston College Leadership Institute
- Diploma in Digital Marketing from Irish Times Training
- Higher Certificate in Wine Award from Wine and Spirit Education Trust
- BA in International Marketing and Languages with French and German from DCU and University Jean Moulin Lyon iii