Áine joined Grant Thornton Ireland in 2022 as Head of Sustainability. She bring more than 13 years of experience working in both external and internal sustainability leadership and advisory roles. She has helped organisations to develop sustainability/ESG strategies and reports, integrate sustainability into brand identities and effectively engage stakeholders through high-quality communications activities.
Áine uniquely pairs her technical background and understanding of sustainability with advanced marketing and communications experience to meet business needs and goals. Her passion and experience focus to date has centred on supporting organisations, senior leaders and their teams in understanding and effectively leveraging the connection between sustainability, reputation, and financial/non-financial risks to advance organisational strategies and achieve measurable results.
Áine has worked in a variety of sectors in both Ireland and Canada including professional services, energy and higher education. Her love of all things sustainability is not limited only to professional endeavours – in her spare time she tries to lead a lower-impact, responsible lifestyle however she can. She also enjoys cycling, swimming and exploring the outdoors.
Áine has strong industry experience across the energy and public sectors, including higher education. Her specialties include:
- Strategy development and sustainability planning and implementation;
- Cross-functional project leadership;
- Governance and organisational design for sustainability leadership;
- ESG and sustainability communications and marketing;
- Sustainability reporting practice and related frameworks;
- Internal and community engagement;
- EU programme and project coordination.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A. Hons.) Environmental Science from Trinity College Dublin
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Sustainable Development from Dublin Institute of Technology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Calgary, Canada
- Higher Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and PR from Dublin Business School