The EU seeks to build robust, efficient and fair tax frameworks that sustain economic growth across all Member States, while also providing crucial direct support in times of crises. At the same time, the EU is committed to its green agenda and digital transition project. The outcome is a raft of EU tax initiatives and tax policy proposals.
Sasha Kerins (International tax partner Grant Thornton Ireland) and Monique Pisters (International tax partner Grant Thornton The Netherlands), guide us through the EU Tax Maze and what it means for international businesses. The topics discussed include:
- ATAD 3 – shell entities
- DAC 7 – digital platform operators and joint audits
- Transfer pricing around Europe: APA and MAP
- DAC 8 – Crypto assets and e-money
- DEBRA – Debt Equity Bias Reduction Allowance
- BEFIT – Business in Europe: Framework for Income Taxation
- Initiative for a common EU-wide WHT system
- OECD Pillar One and Pillar Two proposals
Subscribe to our mailing list
Receive the latest insights, news and more direct to your inbox.