Stakeholders, both internal and external, can affect or be affected by an organisations actions, objectives or policies, and can have a significant impact on the success or failure of a particular initiative or outcome. Different stakeholders have different interests, priorities and needs. Having an improved approach to engagement can help stakeholders to understand what an organisation aims to achieve and more importantly gets them to care about it. This is achieved through the development of strong working relationships, creating tailored engagement activities and devising effective communication messages aligned to the needs of each stakeholder grouping.
At Grant Thornton, our engagement and communications specialists help our clients to devise a strategy and plan that enables the right messages to get to the right people at the right time, in an engaging way. We work closely with our clients to:
- develop a robust communication and engagement strategy, tailored to the specific needs of the organisation;
- complete a thorough stakeholder analysis, including stakeholder identification and mapping. This process will help to identify any risks, obstacles and resistance within stakeholder groups, allowing the identification and implementation of appropriate remedial/mitigation actions;
- turn strategy into action by developing and implementing communications and engagement plans tailored to each stakeholder grouping;
- design highly engaging communication products using a multitude of mediums;
- develop a feedback loop which provides meaningful relevant feedback, enabling any risks and issues to be identified in a timely fashion and dealt with proactively;
- assist in event management and provision of administrative support; and
- provide communication and engagement toolkits, equipping client teams with a sustainable solution.