Sara is a highly accomplished risk professional with 25 years national and international experience across all aspects of enterprise risk, operational risk and controls assurance.
Sara started her professional services career in a Big 4 firm and has held a number of senior Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit positions both in professional practice and industry at home and abroad.
Sara has advised clients across a broad range of sectors including industrial, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, distribution and consumer goods. She is commercially orientated and focused on providing clients with business insight across governance, risk, control and process efficiency challenges.
She has experience in design, deployment and delivery of the following:
- Risk management frameworks
- Risk and control assessment programs
- GRC system implementation projects
- Internal control monitoring programs
- Contract assurance programs
- Co-sourced and outsourced internal audit solutions
- EQA of Internal audit functions
- SOC 1,2,3 readiness and reporting
- TPRM – third party risk management
- SOX readiness, compliance and lean programs
- GDPR readiness and implementation programs
- Three lines of defence governance.
- Postgraduate Diploma (Masters) in Advanced Banking Risk Management from University College Dublin
- Postgraduate Diploma (Masters) in IFRS from Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Postgraduate Masters in Accounting from University College Dublin (UCD)
- Bachelor of Commerce undergraduate degree from University College Dublin (UCD)
- Certified 6 Sigma green belt consultant