Gareth joined Grant Thornton in 2014 as a manager having trained and qualified with a leading mid-tier firm in the areas of corporate finance and private equity, real estate investment and audit.
Gareth has worked with a private equity fund, investing in early stage SMEs across a range of sectors, providing growth capital.
Since joining Grant Thornton, Gareth’s experience has included various fundraising and transaction advisory assignments including fundraising, sell-side mandates, vendor due diligence, completion accounts/”locked box” mechanics, valuation analysis and buy-side loan portfolio engagements .
He has also managed a range of restructuring assignments, including Independent Business Reviews (IBR), strategic options analyses, due diligence and debt restructuring assignments.
Gareth has advised clients across a range of sectors including food & beverage, hospitality, retail, property investment, IT, manufacturing and airlines.
He spent a year working for Ulster Bank global restructuring group (corporate division) where he was involved in several multi-million euro debt restructuring agreements including two high profile hotel chains.
Recent relevant experience includes:
- transaction advice on MBO of a large Irish travel business;
- fundraising assistance for an Irish engineering company;
- fundraising assistance for a leading Irish regional airline;
- financial review and refinance of a supermarket franchise operator;
- buy-side due diligence on a US engineering company for an Irish client;
- vendor due diligence for a large hotel group;
- Irish loan portfolio analysis and commercial diligence for a UK-based bidder on a number of loan sale projects; and
- debt restructuring of a large Northern Ireland property investment group.
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Bachelor in Business and Legal Studies (BBLS Hons) from University College Dublin (UCD)
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Lindenwood University, Missouri, USA