Gareth joined Grant Thornton in 2014 and was admitted to the Partnership in 2021. His main areas of expertise are in Transaction Advisory Services and Debt Advisory Services. Gareth has also led a number of Lead Advisory engagements, both buy-side and sell-side.
Gareth has extensive experience in advising both banks and borrowers on strategic restructuring options. He spent a year working for Ulster Bank’s Global Restructuring Group (corporate division) where he was involved in several multi-million euro debt restructuring agreements including two high profile hotel chains.
Gareth has advised clients across a range of sectors including manufacturing, property investment, tourism and hospitality, transport and logistics, financial services and food and agriculture.
Gareth’s recent experience includes:
- financial due diligence of a leading Irish sub-prime motor loan business;
- financial due diligence of a leading Irish professional engineering services business;
- debt advisory services for a large private school in relation to a campus redevelopment plan;
- debt advisory services for a leading property investment business in relation to the refinance of c.€110m of facilities;
- strategic restructuring advice for a leading Irish contracting business;
- Irish loan portfolio analysis and commercial diligence for a UK-based bidder on a number of loan sale projects; and
- debt restructuring of a large Northern Ireland property investment group
- transaction advice on MBO of a large Irish travel business;
- transaction advice on a number of mergers in the agricultural co-operative sector;
- fundraising assistance for an Irish engineering company; and
- fundraising assistance for a leading Irish regional airline.
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Bachelor in Business and Legal Studies (BBLS Hons) from University College Dublin (UCD)
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Lindenwood University, Missouri, USA