Úna joined Grant Thornton in 2008. Úna works with small to medium sized businesses which are mainly family owned companies. She specialises in business succession, group reorganisations, sales to third parties and non-filing structures. She has extensive experience on estates and trusts for high net worth individuals including anti-avoidance provisions, estate planning and cross border estate tax issues and offshore trusts.
Úna’s publications include:
- “What’s the Tax Craic”, Tax Adviser, Chartered Institute of Taxation;
- “Health Check-Up”, Accounting & Business Ireland;
- “Redundancy and Tax”, Accounting & Business Ireland;
- “Cross Border Inheritances”, Chartered Accountants Tax. Point;
- “Tax Preparation to Minimise Perspiration”, Irish Motor Management; and
- Contributory to the book “Corporate Transactions: Tax and Legal Issues”, Irish Tax Institute.
- Law degree (BCL) from University College Dublin
- LLM in Electronic Commerce Law from University College Cork
- Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute (AITI)
- Associate of the Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (ACIS)
- Qualified Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP)