Mel is a Director within the forensic department of Grant Thornton operating out of the Dublin office. With over 12 years of experience in eDiscovery and forensic technology, Mel has established knowledge and experience in a wide variety of technologies.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Mel worked in London for six years in the Forensic Technology department of a large eDiscovery provider and the Fraud Investigation and Disputes department in one of the large professional services firms.
Mel has consulting experience across a diverse range of sectors and industries, including financial/banking, software development, security, medical, telecommunications, oil & gas and government.
- Responsible for managing several high- profile eDiscovery projects working in countries such as the USA, UAE, UK, Germany, Luxembourg and the Isle of Man.
- Spearheaded the first ever fully paperless Inquiry in the Republic of Ireland. Involved the digitisation of millions of documents, 24- 7 legal review platform support, trial presentation software, remote hearing capabilities etc.
- Engaged as a Forensic Expert in response to court orders relating to a number of computer investigations such as data theft, email header analysis, malware detection etc.
- Completed a two year secondment in Zurich, Switzerland for which he was the chief technical lead in relation to an investigation for a major client in the financial services industry coordinating with three international law firms concurrently.
- Heavily involved in several data identifications, collections, custodian interviews and worked closely with clients’ lawyers and IT departments in preparation for litigation.
- Master of Science degree in Digital investigation and Forensic Computing from UCD
- Bachelors of Corporate Law from National University of Ireland, Galway
- Certified eDiscovery Specialist
- Relativity Certified Master
- Nuix Certified Master
- Member of the Association of Certified eDiscovery Specialists - Dublin Chapter (ACEDS)
- Member of the Relativity Steering Group Committee