Appraisals Board reviews all applications made for Guaranteed Irish membership
Guaranteed Irish, the not-for-profit business membership organisation championing 500+ homegrown and international businesses in Ireland, has appointed Grant Thornton’s Jason Crawford to its Appraisals Board.
The Guaranteed Irish Appraisals Board reviews all applications made by businesses for the Guaranteed Irish licence, and the use of the Guaranteed Irish symbol. Applications are reviewed monthly and assessed to provide evidence of delivering quality Irish jobs, supporting local communities and a commitment to Irish provenance.
The process is open to all indigenous and international companies based in Ireland, with only members companies being permitted to display the iconic Guaranteed Irish symbol, which is worn as a badge of honour by businesses in Ireland across multiple sectors.
Jason is a Partner at Grant Thornton, and has over 22 years’ experience in providing audit and assurance, as well as technical accounting advisory services to both domestic private corporates and international multi-jurisdiction organisations. His expertise spans a range of sectors including agri-food, retail, construction, technology, education and industrial products.
Jason joins three other members of the Guaranteed Irish Appraisals Board:
- Caroline Geoghegan, Managing Director of CG Business Consulting and an experienced ISO and international certification consultant
- Fergal O’Byrne, Head of Business Excellence Certification at the National Standards Authority of Ireland
- Brid O’Connell, CEO of Guaranteed Irish
Members of Guaranteed Irish also benefit from the expertise and collective experience of its Board of Directors, comprised of senior Irish industry and business leaders:
- Martin Kelleher, Managing Director, Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland
- Carmel Logan, Tax Partner, KPMG Ireland
- Mike Quinn, CEO, Ervia
- Mark Keller, Head of Sales and Marketing, Dairygold
- Paddy Kelly, Managing Director, Tegral Building Ltd.
- Ger Brennan, Managing Director, MSD Ireland
- Michael Jackson, Managing Partner, Matheson
Brid O’Connell, CEO of Guaranteed Irish, says: “Our Appraisals Board plays a crucial role in ensuring that the Guaranteed Irish symbol continues to be the primary mark of excellence for businesses operating in Ireland today. Jason brings with him a wealth of professional and personal experience of working with Irish companies of all shapes and sizes, and I and the Board of Directors are delighted that he’ll now be bringing that knowledge to bear as a member of the Guaranteed Irish Appraisals Board.”
Guaranteed Irish has over 500 members which make a significant contribution to the Irish economy every year, both in terms of turnover and employment, as well as to their local communities. Currently, the 500+ members of Guaranteed Irish employ over 70,000 people in Ireland, generating a turnover of €11bn. Globally, these companies generate a turnover of €26.2bn, with 55% currently exporting, primarily to the UK, US and mainland Europe.
Membership of the Guaranteed Irish organisation spans a range of sectors including pharmaceutical; healthcare; technology; construction; energy; professional services; manufacturing; tourism; food and drink; craft and design; retail; and lifestyle.
Keep up to date on Guaranteed Irish news here:
- Website: guaranteedirish.ie
- Twitter: @GuaranteedIrl
- Instagram: @guaranteed_irish
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/2422682/
- Facebook: facebook.com/GuaranteedIrishOfficial