Ian joined Grant Thornton in 2015, with more than 22 years’ experience working in the IT industry. He previously served as General Manager of a nationwide IT Shared Service and was responsible for the sourcing, negotiation, implementation, integration, maintenance and support of business-critical and regulatory Management Information Systems.
As part of his role, Ian grew the business from an internally staffed project delivery organisation to a fully multi-sourced and integrated service delivery organisation. He has significant expertise in outsourcing, contract negotiation and review, strategic supplier relationships, strategy development and risk management as well as experience of IT markets in Ireland, UK, US and the EU.
Ian has a particular focus on multi-source service integration, management and governance and has successfully integrated multiple tiers of suppliers and optimised their performance for the client in complex ecosystems.
Ian also has extensive experience in:
- stakeholder engagement;
- IT benchmarking and value for money assessment;
- development and implementation of IT strategy;
- systems integration;
- delivery of IT services;
- sourcing and resourcing;
- negotiation of contracts;
- assessment, development and delivery of management information systems;
- assessment and delivery of business intelligence and data analytics solutions;
- implementation of collaboration solutions;
- development of business cases;
- programme, project and IT service management; and
- change management.
- Member of the Project Management Institute
- Member of the IT Service Management Foundation
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) in Information Systems Management from National University of Ireland (NUI)
- Certified in ITIL IT Service Management, ICT Project Management and Service Integration and Management (SIAM)