Peter joined Grant Thornton in 2005 from a Big four firm and has over 25 years experience in advising public and privately owned businesses on tax matters ranging across the various stages of their growth model – from business structuring, to protecting and expanding business activities, to tax efficient realisation of value from the business. His focus is on ensuring clients receive innovative, robust and commercially aligned tax advice. Peter became a partner in our Belfast office in 2014 and leads the delivery of UK tax services within the Grant Thornton Ireland partnership. Peter chairs the firms Brexit Committee and leads the delivery of Brexit Advisory services, where he is ideally placed to provide a unique insight from an Irish and UK perspective. Peter is also an Executive Board Member of the Belfast Chamber of Trade & Commerce and was elected Honorary Treasurer in 2018.
Peter’s client portfolio broadly comprises public sector organisations, large privately held businesses, small and medium sized enterprises and individuals across a range of sectors including food and beverage, property and construction, technology, media and retail. He has extensive experience in advising individuals and companies on tax compliance and advisory matters. His experience on transactional and advisory matters includes:
- corporate reorganisations;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- corporate simplifications;
- private equity investments;
- cross border and international tax matters;
- property taxes;
- succession and exit planning; and
- tax efficient reward and incentivisation.
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) with the UK’s Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
- Bachelor of Accountancy (B.Acc) degree from the University of Glasgow