Tommy joined Grant Thornton in 2017 having previously worked in a variety of operational roles as an IT Director as well as roles in Information Security, IT Risk Management, and IT Governance. He has advised and worked across a multitude of IT related disciplines and demonstrated a strong business focused delivery to enable use of IT for organisations.
Tommy also has experience in IT security across financial services organisation such as Bank of Ireland, where he worked for 17 years, and professional services such as Michael Page International. He has implemented and embedded leading information security process and controls to provide organisations with maturity and clear assurance in the area of cyber security.
Tommy has led and worked on a wide range of projects across financial and professional service. These include:
- formulating IT Security Strategy;
- implementing and maturing IT Risk & Controls frameworks;
- maturing security teams operationally to enable the effective management of security to board level;
- board and Audit Committee reporting on Cyber Security in operational roles;
- providing advice and conducting various security assessments for a global organisation in multiple jurisdictions;
- defining and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery strategy for organisations with a risk focused approach and maturing operationally;
- assessing IT security frameworks
- defining and implementing full IT Governance Frameworks across the IT spectrum on a risk focused basis to ensure appropriate controls are in place and are being executed;
- monitoring compliance of IT Security controls to ensure SOX compliance;
- assessing required controls with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards and developing a roadmap to attain compliance with PCI standards;
- assessing IT security governance across a wide variety of industry sectors;
- defined and implemented an identity and access management solutions;
- I.T. security assessments in line with ISO 27001 and penetration tests across many sectors; and
- developed and provided security awareness training in credit unions.
- Master Degree in Internet Systems and an Honours Degree in Information Technology from Dublin City University (DCU)
- Certified in the areas of Mutual Funds, Investment Advice from the Banker Institution of Ireland
- Lectured and written course material in Dublin City University on various IT related courses