Paul joined Grant Thornton in 1999 and is a senior partner in our Financial Services Advisory department in Dublin. He has extensive corporate finance, restructuring and financial advisory experience, including working with financial institutions on a variety of financial advisory projects. Admitted to the partnership in 2001, Paul has provided lead advisory services to companies, venture capitalists and financial institutions, advising companies in financial difficulty and helping them create turnaround strategies. Paul spent six years as the firm’s Managing Partner, from 2012-2018.
In 2018 Paul was appointed Head of Advisory at Grant Thornton International to drive the advisory service lines across our member firms globally.
- appointed by a financial institution in 2015 to provide Credit Support and solutions, as part of their overall NPL management, e.g. accelerated their credit process in relation to customers in financial difficulty;
- appointed by a financial institution to facilitate a review of their most recent versions of their IRB models in order to identify any areas requiring strengthening versus the existing regulatory requirements and the SSM Assessment Methodology;
- appointed by a financial institution in order to conduct a policy & framework review on their behalf; and
- appointed by a financial institution in 2016 to lead the Project Management and Strategy Development of their Non-Performing Loan Deleveraging and Operating Model Programme.
- joint conflict liquidator to Weavering Macro Fixed Income Fund Limited;
- joint administrator to Quinn Insurance Limited;
- receiver to specific high-profile assets including the Point Village and the Bord Gais Energy National Theatre, Dublin;
- receiver to the Burlington, Cork International Airport and Parknasilla hotels; and
- liquidator of Treasury Holdings and subsidiaries.
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Master of Science in Manufacturing Systems Engineering from Queens University, Belfast
- Masters in Business Administration from University College Dublin
- Bachelor of Science in Management from Trinity College Dublin