Patrick joined the firm in 2005. Since then he has undertaken a number of projects and investigations including governmental, regulatory and not for profit organisations.
He has carried out forensic assignments including:
- analysis of regulatory accounts and viability of regulated activities;
- preparation of reports and submission of investigation files in relation to large scale frauds involving several million euro;
- assessment and validation of loss claims in commercial disputes; and
- asset tracing in complex multi-jurisdictional fraud and money laundering investigations.
Previously a member of An Garda Síochána, Patrick qualified as an accountant before joining the Money Laundering Investigation Unit attached to the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation working on large and complex cases with an international dimension. He has also worked with the Criminal Assets Bureau on a number of cases involving multi-jurisdictional investigations.
He worked for the Competition Authority in 2003 and was the lead investigator in a number of cartel investigation cases involving serious breaches of the Competition Act, which resulted in successful prosecution before the Courts in Ireland.
Patrick has gained extensive knowledge and practical experience in the preparation of reports and submission of investigation files to the Director of Public Prosecutions in a number of high profile cases.
He has also provided evidence, both as an expert witness and as an investigator, in civil and criminal cases coming before the High Court and Circuit Criminal Courts in Ireland.
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- MBA from Dublin City University (DCU).
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Accounting and Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in EC Competition Law from Kings College, London