Michael joined Grant Thornton as a Director in 2019 to lead the People and Change Consulting practice in Dublin. He has over 20 years’ experience in Change Management, Transformation, Behaviour, Talent and Organisational Development. Michael brings cross-sector experience to his role, having worked with government departments, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Tourism, Telecoms, IT, Health and Pharmaceutical clients. His background is based in business and translation for both French and Spanish, and he has managed and delivered transformation programmes and change management engagements in English, French and Spanish.
Particular areas of expertise include:
- change management (including systems integration, culture, behaviour and leadership);
- organisational design (including role analysis, competency design and job evaluation);
- talent management and capability development;
- training and development (design, delivery and facilitation);
- management development (facilitation, coaching, mentoring); and
- stakeholder management, engagement and communications.
Michael’s experience has been gained working in both consulting and in-house functional roles for well-known public and private organisations, and has led and delivered complex projects in Europe, UK, USA and the Middle East.
Michael’s recent projects include:
- change management director for tech-enabled transformation of the Student Journey for prestigious UK university;
- engagement lead for global culture programme for large European bank, aligned to competencies, leadership alignment and engagement;
- design and delivery of the Change Management and Communications Programme on a MoD (UK) Transformation Programme, embedding a new operating model focused on a balanced matrix for 11,500 staff, establishing 11 new functions across all front-line domains;
- creation of a full L&D offering for Big 4 Consulting Firm in the Middle East, including soft skills and technical training, and career development pathways for all grades;
- delivery of a technical advisory university for 860 participants from 12 countries, including over 60 courses and 2,500 training days;
- design, delivery and facilitation of a global Advanced Leadership Programme for an aerospace/ engineering FTSE 100 company, delivering 4 programmes per year for over 60 senior executives; and
- delivery and facilitation of an externally accredited Executive Coaching and Mentoring Diploma for European financial services organisation, based in the Netherlands.
- BA (Hons) degree in French and Spanish: Business and Translation (USA)
- Certified translator (Spanish and French) 1995
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner
- Accredited to administer and interpret 360 Degree Feedback, MBTI® Step l /Step II, TMP (TMSDI), Hogan, TTI Insights and FIRO-B® Instruments/ Elements