Gerard works in the Financial Accounting and Advisory Services Group in Grant Thornton, a service line which provides accounting and advisory services to both audit and non-audit clients.
- lead large scale statutory reporting projects for large multinational companies;
- conducted audits of clients presenting their financial statements in US GAAP, IFRS and Irish GAAP;
- Being responsible for the full review of financial statements including all disclosures and workings to ensure they are in accordance with relevant standards;
- preparation and completion of the statutory financial statements for one of the largest subsidiaries of Bank of Ireland;
- managed finance team with day to day financial tasks, including preparing the financial statements and liaising with the auditors in an investment management company;
- production and review of year end financial statements for global investment funds in accordance with relevant U.S. GAAP and regulatory requirements for a large US Investment Bank;
- managed the transition from SAP to Oracle for a large Tech company comprising over 60 entities; and
- assisted a large Irish shipping company in the IPO due diligence process ahead of listing on the NYSE.
- Member of the Association of Chartered Accountants
- Honours Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering from Dublin City University
- Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma project management techniques.