Ciaran joined Grant Thornton in 2017 to head our Prudential Risk team in Advisory. He has extensive experience of prudential regulation. His earlier career was spent with the Central Bank of Ireland and the European Central Bank. Subsequently, he led the Banking Regulatory Advisory team within a Big 4 firm.
He has worked with banks and investment firms advising on challenges ranging from regulatory reporting to supporting them dealing with on site inspections by supervisors and advising on regulatory submissions such as ILAAP. He also advises on license applications to the Central Bank and ECB.
Previous experience includes:
- advised clients on regulatory reporting and the appropriate control framework required to meet Regulator expectations;
- he has a particular expertise in liquidity risk management and has advised on issues from liquidity reporting to ALM governance and ILAAP submissions;
- supported clients with their NPL deleveraging strategy;
- advised clients on their supervisory engagement model and appropriate preparations for On-site inspections by both ECB and CBI;
- supported banks in developing appropriate responses to supervisory RMPs; and
- Regulatory advisor on the most recent successful bank license application in Ireland
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member of CFA UK