Orla is a Director in Grant Thornton’s Financial Services Advisory Practice having joined GT in 2018. Previous to joining Grant Thornton Orla gained 15+ years experience in financial services and held a senior management position with JPMorgan Bank Ireland as head of financial reporting and audit for JP Morgan's hedge fund administration business in Ireland.
Before joining Grant Thornton Orla also trained as an executive coach, trainer and facilitator and now works across projects within financial services advisory in sustainability reporting, financial reporting and fund administration/fund service operations. Orla also completed a secondment in the Central Bank Supervisory Risk Division around fund supervision models and frameworks in 2021. Currently Orla is seconded to EFRAG (European Financial Reporting Advisory Group) as PMO and governance lead within the central secretariat on the development of sector specific sustainability reporting standards or ESRS (under CSRD). Orla is also a qualified Certified Fund Director (CIFD).
Her experience includes:
- Sustainability Reporting and regulatory requirements across sector agnostic and sector specific reporting requirements (ESRS);
- Financial Reporting, Fund Accounting & Fund Service Operations (Hedge, Mutual, UCITS, Non-UCITS, AIF, Irish, Cayman, US, Lux domiciles, all fund structures);
- Regulatory, risk reporting and compliance;
- Stakeholder management & people management / strategies.
- B.A. in Business and Economics (TCD)
- Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA)
- Diploma in Coaching Practice and Ethics (QQI) & Diploma in Train the Trainer (QQI)
- Certified in delivery of individual and team assessments (Emotional Intelligence, Risk and Decision Making and workplace behaviours), BPS A& B
- Certified Investment Fund Director Programme (IOB and CIFD Institute (2020)
- Chair ACCA Business Leader Panel (2022 to date)
- Member of 100WF