On the 10th of October 2018 Minister Paschal Donohoe gave his first Budget. In our summary we look at the key areas which will affect you and your business including:
- Property – addressing issues in the housing market and consequently taxation measures that targeted the property market were prevalent;
- Preparing for Brexit - this was mentioned throughout the Ministers speech and is clearly at the forefront of many decisions being made;
- Indirect taxes - the changes in this year’s budget are generally health related;
- Large corporates - Ireland’s continued commitment to maintaining the 12.5% corporation tax rate;
- Personal tax – there were a number of tax changes for individuals.
Read the full summary