"We worked closely with Grant Thornton’s Media and Entertainment division when considering our expansion into Ireland. Their knowledge of the local and global film and television sector is unrivalled..."
- Nick Smith: Commercial Director, Pinewood Studios Group
In 2015, Grant Thornton managed over 75% of Section 481 film and TV tax credit applications. We have unrivalled experience advising on film and TV finance incentives and utilising Ireland’s 12.5% corporate tax rate.
As advisors to many of the leading film and TV companies, our Media and Entertainment team have an extensive understanding of the key trends in the ever changing film and TV industries. Our team have unrivalled experience in raising film finance through the Section 481 film and TV tax incentive and advising our clients on how to grow and expand their businesses through our extensive contacts both domestically/internationally. We have worked on a host of projects, from TV shows such as Dangermouse and Game of Thrones, to Oscar nominated films such as Room and Song of the Sea.
Grant Thornton’s Media and Entertainment team has grown from 3 employees to 12 since 2014 and have been involved in providing film finance for over 100 projects! See IMDB for more details.
Media and EntertainmentFind out more
Services we offer:
- advising on film finance and TV show finance (including cash-flow lending);
- advising on film tax credits and TV tax credit claims (U.K and Ireland, including Section 481);
- advice on filming in Ireland;
- audit and accounts preparation;
- tax compliance and industry specific advisory;
- post-production accountancy services;
- VAT advice and exemption planning;
- company secretarial services including company formation and compliance;
- management of day to day financial affairs; and
- payroll services, advice and outsourcing/book keeping.