Globalisation presents enormous opportunities for companies: Ireland is an attractive location for Asian companies seeking a footprint in Europe and a stepping stone to America. Whether you are looking to grow your business by exporting, investing or doing business with South Asia or are a South Asian company looking to invest or list in Ireland, Grant Thornton's dedicated Ireland Asia Group has the international capability, the cultural understanding and the partner commitment to help you drive your business forward.
We have considerable experience working with Irish and Asian businesses. This has given us an in-depth understanding of the needs, priorities and aspirations of trade along these bilateral business corridors. Our appreciation of Asian culture means we empathise with Asian customs and attitudes, both in a business and social context. We understand the issues that are important to you including:
- complete confidentiality – and total discretion;
- value for money – for the high quality services we offer;
- personal and prompt attention – and a proactive, partner led service; and
- expert advice on regulatory issues – giving you peace of mind in some of these challenging areas.
For those clients requiring advice in both Ireland and the relevant Asian country, we offer a seamless service building on the already strong and close relationship between Grant Thornton Ireland and our contacts in the local Grant Thornton member firm. This means our clients benefit from the sharing of resources across the two firms and prompt access to a wide range of expertise, day and night, to deliver the added value required by our client base.
The Group is led by a team of highly qualified, internationally-experienced partners across five main priority countries – namely China, India, Malaysia, Korea and Japan. These countries reflect the focus areas identified by the Asia Trade Forum of which Grant Thornton is the exclusive financial consulting (accountancy and tax) sponsor. However, if your locations needs are a specific country not mentioned here, our partner leadership team have contacts in several more Asian countries. To find out more please contact one of our team.
We are involved with a number of Asia related organisations including being one of the main sponsors for the Asia Trade Forum, a part of the Irish Exporters Association. We work with an extensive network of intermediaries including key investors, bankers and legal advisers in the Asian arena, both in Ireland and in Asia – so we are ideally placed to make recommendations and introductions to ensure you have the right team to deliver what you need.
From multi-nationals and listed businesses to SMEs and family businesses, we provide a range of services to our clients, including:
- market and feasibility studies – providing market assessment and feasibility through to business planning;
- tax planning – minimising corporate and all other direct and indirect taxes: in particular, advising on the benefits of accessing Ireland's attractive tax regime for companies that may consider establishing their European headquarters in Ireland and advising on the most tax-efficient route to market for companies exporting to Asia;
- fund raising – both debt and equity for greenfield and acquisitions;
- cross-border acquisition services – full range of advice from identification of targets through to deal completion;
- assistance with joint ventures and strategic alliances – advice on selection and structuring;
- transaction advisory services – due diligence and public reporting accountant services;
- capital markets – acting as sponsor and nomad for London main market and AIM respectively;
- assurance services – audit through to full range of business risk management services; and
- transfer pricing – full range of transfer pricing compliance and advice.